Mia is our German Girl! I know that I have mentioned that she is the only one in our family that can speak fluent Deutsch. It is funny though, because what I haven't mentioned is that she really doesn't like speaking German when asked. She knows to turn it on at school and off at home. The other night, the girls were painting thier nails, and Mia was in the mood to share her language skills. I grabbed the camera, and we got her to talk to us a little in German. I often ask her why she does not care to speak to us in German, and she remarks, "because I am shy." So silly, but so cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tell Mia that when I was earning my Master's degree one of our assignments was to speak "gibberish" with our children at school. Listening to her speaking German reminds me of the fun I had speaking "gibberish". The purpose was to encourage creativity, and it certainly accomplished the objective. Recently I saw a sixth grade boy in Cracker Barrel, and he came over to my table and spoke "gibberish" to me. We had a big laugh. He said that he would never forget what fun we had with it. Some were not able to do it, but the more out-going ones could really get going with it. ha ha.... It is a windy and cool day. The parade is beginning about now and will be ending at the end of Belair and Cox Rd..... I am not up to walking down there. Skyler's other grandma is taking him. We did our "Breakfast with Santa" yesterday morning. A cute thing about Skyler.... He told Santa he only wantedd three things: A new shirt and jeans so he would not go naked next year and a telescope. He told me that he really wants to know more about the sky. I will see about that one for his birthday in March. I have just about spent out for Christmas. ha.... Enjoyed Mia's video..... Rocka Whapa Fuga Moogreella....... gp
Wow! Jim and I got such a kick out of hearing Mia speak German. How beautiful. I still haven't given up hope that Gianna will speak Spanish one day. Because of her severe language delays I decided to switch to English only about 2 years ago but she still remembers so much.
Post a Comment