We just got back from vacation (yes, the timing of right before Christmas is a little wierd I know, but we got a great deal on the trip). We went on an Eastern Mediteranian Cruise that began in Rome, and went to Savona (Italy), Katakolon (Greece), Athens (Greece), Izmir (Turkey), Jeruselum (Israel), and Cairo (Egypt). The ship was an Italian ship, which made it quite fun/different. I will be boring you to death in the next few weeks (I will atleast wait until after Christmas :-)) with photos of our trip. The highlight was definitely Jeruselum! We made it back to Bamberg late Monday night to a snow storm, but other than that had great weather and an overall a great time. It was truly comical on the plane ride from Rome to Munich, when we were about to take off, and the pilot announced "the flight to "Monoco" will be one hour and 20 minutes in duration." Bryan and I panicked and looked around to find confirmation that the flight was to Munich and not Monoco. Their was a nice trilingual girl that sat in front of me laughing, and explained to us that the Italian word for Munich sounds like the English word for Monoco - too funny.
*The photo of our family was taken from the Mount of Olives, looking towrads the Old City in Jeruselum

1 comment:
Was not quite sure when your cruise began, etc....., but I am glad you had a safe and fun time. I know you will always remember Christmas, 2010....
I have been battling a whatever...... Last day of meds last night. I have been so very tired with this one so I am furiously trying to get things somewhat OK before Friday. Jay and family and Lew and family will be over for our Christmas Eve gathering..... It is the only time they all come over..... Kinda sad but better than never coming over..... I am looking forward to getting a picture of them all. ha ha....
Don't hesitate to send pictures. I am looking forward to seeing them. Have a most memorable Christmas....You are an expert at making every occasion that way. Love to all. gp
Post a Comment