I was thinking about it the other day....We have officially lived in Germany over a year now.... A year as a one car family, a year of biking to work (Bryan), a year without T.V., a year without yardwork, a year trying to learn German, a year discoving the wonders of Europe - visiting 7 countries, a year of a new school, a year of new friends, a year without old friends :-( , a year of walking and biking ALOT, a year of German Beer, a year of fresh bread and pretzels, a year of real Italian Pizza, a year of real seasons - SNOW, a year living in a 100 year old house, a year of hourly Church Bells ringing, a year of German Kindergarten (MIA), a year of festivals galore, a year of Doner Kabob's (our favorite Turkish food) - It has been a GREAT year!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi,
Just read all your wonderful blogs! My a year has moved quickly for you guys. Do you even want to return to Evans? I doubt it. You have done such a great job keeping family and friends up-dated. I know I feel as though I have been there with you all. The children have grown so much and look so very happy. I suppose you know that I am going to have my fifth granchild in January. It will be another boy. We had a concern recently that he might have Downs. The first test came back false. The second test proved that he was OK..... I am so grateful for that. I would have loved him just as much, but I know how difficult it is to rear a Downs child because of health issues. Skyler cried when he overheard that it might be a girl. He said that he did not want a sister. I think he thinks his brother will arrive ready to play with him. Maggie Grace is not always a ready playmate. I am very challenged this year. I had to give up rest-time for the children to be able to play and learn some social skills. It is all about reading and math. No time in the schedule for exploration. A shame, shame, shame what our country is doing to education. The children are learning to play with inside voices so we don't disturb the class next door. I will do whatever it takes to give the children what they need. Gotta get ready for school. Thanks for the wonderful blogs. Love and Prayers, gp
WOW! We do miss you guys but love reading about the interesting adventures you are experiencing in Germany.
Post a Comment