Yesterday, I had a fun time going to Bailey's "bridge breaking day." In her TAG class they have been working on building bridges out of toothpicks (with very rigid building regulations and a limited budget). The students were paired into groups and the grade levels were 3rd through 6th grade. The testing of the bridges were judged by how much weight they could hold in kilograms. When one toothpick breaks the team is out - hence the name "bridge breaking day." It was great fun to see the kids so excited about their architecture skills - and while Bailey's team didn't fair so well in the competition, it was still a great learning experience. The winning team's bridge held the equivilent of one pound - which is quite impressive using toothpicks! Last weekend, while Bryan went to Munich with some friends, the kids and I ran a 5k race. Bailey and I ran, Camden scooted (on his scooter) and Mia relaxed in the jog stroller. It is was a nice day weather wise and fun to see the kids enjoying these races - even if Camden and his pals wanted cheat at the end and cut through the track - I insisted that they finish the race and feel the thrill of victory :-). The bottom picture is of the kids sporting St. Patrick's Day t-shirts (compliments of our favorite neighbors :-). I am the worst mother in the world - totally forgetting about St. Patrick's Day - so we were so excited to come home that afternoon to find a St. Patrick's Day package from who else but the Johnson Family - it more than made up for all of the pinches the kids got thanks to me :-) I liked the picture of Mia - she is starting to look more German (O.K. maybe its my imagination....) :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I LOVE the pic in the shirts -
3 Smiling Little Leprechans!!! It makes me miss you all so much...
It's my new favorite picture of ya'll.
CBob
What fun!!!!!! It seems to me that your children are really receiving a great education in a variety of ways. Bailey, I loved the bridge. What a neat project!
I liked all the pictures. You are teaching the great lesson of NOT ALWAYS winning but experiencing the joy of participation. I have a friend that has instilled such negative attitudes when her daughter does not win contests. It is so sad!
We are suppose to get rain today. I have to get out so I hope everyone else stays in. Ha....
Enjoy the weekend and keep enjoying life. Love to all, gp
Post a Comment