Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chiemsee
















On Saturday Daddy, Camden, Mia, and I adventured to Chiemsee in Germany. My girlscout troop arranged the trip and we rode on a bus for 3 hours to get there. Chiemsee is a castle on the middle of an island that King Ludwig designed as a miniature Versailles. The island is in the middle of a lake and to get on the island we took a ferry boat. The castle was fantastic!!! We saw so many wonderful things including the hall of mirrors (which is just like the one in Versailles in France)! We even saw Reindeer outside of the castle. It was a great trip!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bailey,
My have you grown! You are beautiful. I enjoyed your blog. You write as well as your mom. I hope you are keeping a personal journal of your many trips in Europe. I know Europe is famous for its castles, and it seems as though you are getting to tour quite a few. I know each one is beautiful and has lots of history.
I hope you are enjoying school. I know you are learning so much!!!!! Give your family a big hug for me. Keep learning and have as much fun as you can. Love you all, gp

Anonymous said...

Hi Bailey:

Thank you for sending us your photos and description from the Chiemsee trip. Your Grandmommy remembers it well from when she visited there with her sister's family around 40 years ago. Grandmommy took almost that same picture of the mountains you guys took. We liked all of the photos, and are impressed with the one of you in front of the hollow tree. We hope that maybe we can revisit Chiemsee with you guys when we visit in April.

Love, Grampa and Grandmommy

Anonymous said...

What a FUN trip, Bailey. Great job on your blog. I love your pictures - especially that hollow tree. Makes you wonder if something lives in there :) The swan is very pretty, too. It seems like there are quite a few of those in Germany. They are beautiful, but can be mean if they want to. We used to have some in a pond by our first house and we had to get rid of them because they kept attacking people who were walking by!!
I LOVE AND MISS YOU -
Christi