Friday, March 20, 2009

Mia's First "Sleepover"


O.K. as I am writing this, I am a little sad....Mia is at her first sleepover. Our house is so quiet (even though Camden and his pal Christian are downstairs making all kinds of fun noises and laughter, it isn't quite the same without Mia here) A flashback reminds me of when Bailey spent the night at her first friends' house - she was 6 years old and I had to go late in the evening to bring her "Beanie" (her beloved stuffed animal) that she left at home - she cried and missed us like crazy. Mia on the other hand sees her brother and sister having fun all of the time and has decided that she is ready for this (at 3 years old I might
add :-() She and her friend Megan are like sisters -they spend oodles of time together and get along amazingly most of the time, with their occasional spats - they are truly entertaining to listen to. I kept telling her, "Are you sure you want to spend the night at Megan's - I even added, "I won't be there to tuck you in at night and greet you first thing in the morning" She replied, "don't worry Mommy, I will get my kiss from you in the morning." What is a mother to do? She was just too cute - how could I resist! We are coming up on our three year "gotcha day" anniversary for Mia (sometimes it feels like an eternity and others it feels like just yesterday) and I think back to the day that I first held her, and am amazed at how far she has come in that time. All I could ever want for her is that she remain happy and safe and with that I know tonight she is both - I can't help though feeling a little sad that may little girl is growing up! Sweet Dreams Mia! We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Mia!!!! You both are growing up......ha...... I think girls are far more mature than boys when it comes to independence. I can remember when Jay would try and sleep over at my mother's house that was on the same property and around ten or eleven we would receive a call that he needed to sleep in his own bed. He was much older than Mia. Jim would walk over and bring him home. That is about the only helpful thing I can remember Jim doing for the boys. Ha....... He never changed a diaper, gave baths, or fixed a plate of food for them. Back then I thought nothing about it because that is kinda how it was. Women took care of the inside and children. Men took care of the outside. It certainly is different now.
We are having really spring-like weather now and trees are budding like crazy. I can hardly wait for spring break. I am having a sleep-over guest for two nights so I must get busy and check for critters upstairs. ha....Never go up there unless there is someone coming. No reason to.
I suppose you heard the good news that Calye is a certifiable (sp?) driver now. She is so proud of herself and I am too. Hope she will get motivated and find a job now. She really needs to just for the responsibility and something for her resume. I don't say anything because it is none of my business, but in my opinion she should have been working somewhere long before now. Harrison as well. I can't imagine the two of them not wanting to earn their own money. I love them no matter what. They are great grandchildren and I am proud of them both.
I must get started doing a few things around here. I have this weekend and next to clean up a bit. Take care and give Mia a big Five for me. Love and Prayers, gp

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Mia had a GREAT time- Little Miss Independent
I can't believe it's been almost 3 years - although the last 6 months have crept by(wonder why??)since gotcha day. I'll never forget those first few moments in the middle of the night when ya'll got home - what a wonderful time that was!! Such an instant bond -WOW-
Time sure does fly - you've got a "baby" w/ her first sleepover and I've got an 18 year old !!!

Well, I'm about to go get started on some "outside" things - first I have to find the outside as it is underneath a blanket of YELLOW - do you remember that? I'm not looking forward to it this year - that's a first - I guess I've just got too much to accomplish that I'm overwhelmed...

Hope you guys have a great day - I'll talk to you soon -
CBob

Beth and Ryan said...

Wow! Mia looks sooo old! She is growing up so fast! We miss you guys and love reading about your German adventures. The blog is a good thing. Glad all is well. Take care.