This weekend we stayed home, but stayed busy none the less. On Saturday, Bailey and I went off shopping for "winter stuff" and Bryan, Camden and Mia helped our neighbors build a sand box in a court yard behind our house. German children are well equipped for all types of weather and we quickly learned that to "fit in" our kids would need rain/dirt/and mud attire in addition to snow pants. Needless to say, the picture of Mia and Camden is them sporting their new duds and they officailly are good to go now! (also notice all of the "help" that the guys had building!)
On Sunday we went to a Pumpkin Festival in the neighboring town of Altendorf. It was nice, but extremely crowded. The specialty was pumkin soup and the festival was actually called an "Ertedank" (not sure about the spelling) festival, which means "Thanks for the Harvest" It was alot fun!
I'm not sure if I had mentioned the neat thing about Dogs over here. In Germany dogs are allowed EVERYWHERE! This includes restaurants, Malls, stores, trains, airports etc. It absolutely amazes us when we eat at a restaurant that a Dog is allowed right in beside us (this includes large dogs too!) When we went to the festival today, I saw the "Hund Pub" and thought it was too cute! (Hund is the word for Dog in German). Poor little Abbey (our dog who is currently being spoiled in Maine with my parents) - She is missing out on all of the fun!!!!

3 comments:
Poor little Abbey is getting acclimated in Maine for the German climate. They are very similar you know.
Mom and Dad
Is that some of the Rhodes Family actually doing yardwork???!!!! Okay, okay - you called it building a sandbox, but it looks kinda like working outside in a yard to me!!! Gosh, the kids are growing. I LOVE Mia's pigtails...what a cutie. Man, I miss you all so much - it was GREAT talking to you today AliBob.
Love and Hugs to all,
ChristiBob
Love your up-dates. This is my third attempt to send a comment. The others were lengthy. Maybe that is why. I want to teach in Mia's kindergarten. Congratulations on your job. Let me know if this gets posted. gp
Post a Comment