I had a funny story to tell.... First, as a background to the story... I have always told the kids that words such as "hate, stupid, and dumb" are naughty. They have always been good about not saying them. We refer to them as the "h", "d" and "s" words. Camden has come home several times this year saying that kids at school are allowed to say naughty words. I have kind of shrugged it off saying "that it is their choice, but we should not choose to say them because they are not kind words". Today he came home and said "Mommy, even the counselor says naughty words- he said the "h" word (which in Camden's mind is the word hate). It was cute, but at the same time sad. As the kids grow older it is hard to keep them so sheltered. It has been interesting...
On a different note, I got a job! I am so excited!I will be teaching English to 2nd grade German students at a German School. I am only teaching 2 hours a week, but I am really excited to see the differences between American School's and German schools. It is especially neat, because Camden is in 2nd grade and hopefully he can come a few times to see the differences too.
Bailey has gotten involved in Girl Scouts and has really been enjoying it. This week she went to a car care clinic and learned how to change a tire and also where to change the oil. She also got to carve out the top of a pumpkin and fill it with a flower bouquet at the florist shop. I never did girl scouts when I was young, but it is neat seeing the different things that these girls get to learn, see and do.
Mia is enjoying school. She came home today and called Bryan "Papa" - which I thought was too cute. She also got tested for Speech Therapy today (at the school on the base) and the speech therapist was so kind and helpful. She said that the blends that Mia has trouble with are very common for 3 year olds and we shouldn't worry until she is older and the problem persists. It was reassuring to here that she is on track.
The pictures that I have posted are of different pumkins that we have seen. The one below is of Bamberg skyline on a foggy day. We live in the area to the left of the picture.

1 comment:
All around great news! I love that you are teaching and am thrilled about the Girl Scouts. I'm still a Girl Scout and am so thankful for all the experiences I had via this terrific program--yay!
Post a Comment