Monday, October 27, 2008

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
























Bamberg Germany is expecting snow this week! Coming from Georgia, the kids are over the moon with anticipation. I am more of a warm weather girl, but I am getting slowly used to the idea and getting a little excited too! Not only will we possibly get snow, but we will get snow for Halloween to boot! - Quite Interesting. It may not come at all, but it is a small preview of the excitement to come this winter! :-)

PWe had a really nice weekend. On Saturday, our entire family ran a 5-k race (O.K. so Mia was actually pushed in the jog stroller and Camden rode his scooter/ran), but Bailey, Bryan and I ran and we had a lot of fun. Bailey led the pack and ran with Bryan's Boss at work, followed by Bryan and Camden and then Me following up behind with Mia and Bailey's friend - who also joined us. It was a lot of fun and even though they aren't anxious to do another race this next weekend - the kids loved it and want to do another one.

In the afternoon ,we walked to the marktplatz (kind of like a city center) and walked around the Herbstmarkt (Fall Market) They had delicious apple cider (the best that we have ever had) - it was freshly made with sweet apples. In so many ways it is refreshing, because venders can sell homemade products without all of the stipulations that you have back home. For example, the cider was sold in a large glass bottle, but was homemade by an older german man. It didn't have label ingredients and wasn't sealed with a plastic wrapper - You knew it was going to be delicious!

On Sunday, the kids had their end of soccer season party at a bowling alley and had a lot of fun.
Bryan has started playing soccer with a real German Soccer team. He has only been to practice once so far, but really enjoyed it! I guess it is very different (once again) than what we are used to, but really fun. The German's were very nice to him, but also very serious about their soccer. To give you an idea about the seriousness, the soccer team even has its own beer with their team logo!
The pictures are of Bailey learning to change a tire, Bailey's "pumpkin bouquet", the race, and our new bulldog friend who the kids fell in love with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you all are making each day count. I hope you don't become too in love with Germany that you don't want to return to Evans. I don't think Bailey received my tried-to-send message. I told her that I think she would make a great journalist. You might want to consider contacting a children's magazine and see if she could journal her stay in Germany. I think it would be most interesting. Give everyone a gp hug and know I am enjoying your Blog very much. Love and Prayers, gp

Anonymous said...

GO,BAILEY GO!!! We won't need to use Jim Whitehead anymore when you get back home. I'm jealous you're getting snow soon. Hope AliBob survives the cold. It is supposed to be 31 degrees here tonight, so we will have our first frost of the year. Our part of the "Bob Family" is going to the Ga/Fla game this weekend w/ Courtnee and Rob. We are hoping for good weather. I love the Bulldog picture - you can't get away from the DAWGS even in Germany!!!
Big hugs to all,
ChristiBob