Saturday, August 9, 2008

Smart Car / Dumb Car




We wanted to show you in comparison how monstrous our minivan is compared to some of the German cars. You can imagine how difficult it is driving around the rather small city streets and parking garages with a huge car. The reason we called the post "Smart Car" is because that is the actual name of the black car in the picture. In just about all cases whenever you see a huge gas guzzling minivan or SUV, you know it's an American that regrets shipping it over. If you want to be cool like they are over here, you can go ahead and reserve your Smart Car online now. They are coming to the US very soon. Check this out: http://www.smartusa.com/. It sure makes parallel parking easier because you can pull straight into the spot front first. Imagine the possibilities!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Hi guys,

The Smart Car is so tiny. I've seen at least 2 of them around town. I know they're good on gas and all but there's not much metal to protect you in case of an accident. Can you imagine driving down the highway next to a semi, inside a tiny little Smart Car? No way!

Beth and Ryan said...

Honestly, I am writing before I even read this post...I am laughing just at the picture!

Anonymous said...

I am starting to see more and more of them in the DC/Baltimore area now. Even out on 495 in rush hour. They do fairly well safety wise but my issue is that for the mpg and price here, it isn't really anything special or is it going to save you lots of money. Canada gets a diesel one that starts to be a pretty smart choice. Lang lebe Diesel!

Erik said...

Just had to add that this vehicle (fairly common in the UK now)was in the news in the spring of '07. There are rather a lot of Safari parks over here where you can drive through the animal enclosures. There was some concern in that the lions were taking a great interest in these cars. Apparently the lions must have been measuring up if they could "take them". :D