Thursday, July 5, 2012
Stop and smell the Roses
Somehow our schedule seems to keep us busy each day. A few weeks ago though, I had a few hours to spare, and remembered that the Roses at the Rose Garden should be in full bloom. The kids were all in school, and Bryan was at work. I rode my bike up there, and it was absolute true serenity. There were only a few people there (which normally on the weekends and in the afternoon, it could be bustling). There was a small group of Nuns walking around (which of course added to the atmosphere). The smell of Roses was delicious, and the weather was perfect. I don't often go and walk and sit by myself, but it was so nice to take a short time to literally "stop and smell the Roses." The next weekend, I brought everyone back and it was a little bit different (many more people, and the Roses weren't quite in perfect form anymore). There are so many little spots like this throughout our town and sometimes you take them granted. It is nice to take time to stop and smell the Roses!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
Even MORE beautiful in bloom !!!
Christi
Post a Comment