Friday, February 3, 2012

Sad


Have you ever been so in love with a moment in time? If I could wrap up; my little family, the place we live, the people in our lives, and our experiences right now - I truly think I could be be happy forever. There is something so perfect to me about this moment right now. It is slowly sinking in though, that this is just a moment in time, and we are passing through - and I am devastated :-(. They announced this week, that officially, the Base in Bamberg will be closing. While, it might be an economic move for our country, it is tremendously sad for the Rhodes Family. I think about the oodles of experiences, culture, quaintness, ease, activities, togetherness etc. that this little city (and the people who live here) provide, and the reality of not having that is just sinking in. Every Month there is something to celebrate here, something to look forward to. Just simply walking downtown is something to celebrate (I literally continue to find tremendous happiness just by walking Mia to School - it is that perfect). In a German Survey a few years ago (for all of Germany), the results came back, saying that the people of Bamberg were the happiest and most content in the entire country, and I can surely see why. While I am basking in self-pity (please excuse me :-)), I know we will be O.K., but like I told Bryan, I just need to bask in that self - pity for a while (sorry). *The base will not close for at least a few years, but it changes the way we will look at our future for sure. (Maybe we just need to save for a retirement home here). Very Sad! * Thank you for letting me vent and go on and on about our perfect little town, which I love so much :-(

No comments: