Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mia's Special Night!






For almost 6 years, Mia has always been the one to be shuffled back and forth to Bailey and Camden's activities (and bless her heart she continues to do so too). Since October though, she has been carefully preparing for a special show that she is in for "Fasching" (Fasching is like Carnival/Mardi Gras). Her "Turnen" Class (Turnen is kind of like dance/gymnastics) has been practicing, and Friday night was the first of 4 big shows, and everything went great. The little German girls all danced to American 50's "rock around the clock" type music, and wore petticoats and all - super adorable! It was so nice to see Mia's pride and excitement. Last night, as a surprise to the Girls, the "elders" gave out Medals for their performance. I didn't realize it, but it was the first Medal/Trophy that Mia had ever received. She was thrilled beyond belief! Bryan was not able to go to the show this weekend, because he is away (but he will attend next weekend). When I told Mia that I can't wait for her to show Daddy, she replies back to me, "I don't want him to think I am bragging." My heart melted, and I wanted to tell her that it is O.K. to be proud and show him. A very special night for Mia!

No comments: