












My friend lives in London, and I couldn't resist an invitation to visit last weekend. The prices to fly are so good, and I had a friend to stay with, so I couldn't pass it up. (I am also super grateful to have Bryan encourage me to go after feeling quite guilty... After 3 days away, my spirit and energy level rose through the roof - and I know that it was not just good for me, but for the kids and Bryan too)! Anyway... It was a really fun trip. I got to go to the British Museum which houses the Rosetta Stone, and also pieces of the Parthenon (we saw the actual original structure in Athens, but half of the original pieces are at the museum in London - a big controversy). We went to see the Musical "Legally Blond" at the West End (during the intermission, it was so funny to hear an English couple discuss how the show was "very American." - is that really what they think of us? We went to; Harrods, the Natural History Museum, to Camden Market, the Crypt under St. Martin in the Fields Church, visited a few bookshops (IN ENGLISH - yeah), saw the countdown to the Summer Olympics in Trafalgar Square, did a little shopping on Oxford Street, went out to eat a bunch etc. My favorite things were the little things though (seeing the milk man deliver fresh milk to the door, listening to the difference of the 2 English languages, seeing all of the English children in their cute school uniforms, riding on the wrong side of the road, double decker busses etc.) It was a fantastic Weekend, with beautiful weather, super fun friends, and a huge reminder to stop and enjoy the roses, because there certainly are many in our lives!

No comments:
Post a Comment