Thursday, September 1, 2011

I knew I was old, but this is ridiculous.....

Bailey was going through some old stuff today, and came across my old "Canon Rebel" Camera. I had totally forgotten that we still had that camera. Bailey LOVES photography, and was excited to see that we had this extra, fairly nice looking, camera. It looks very much like my Nikon that I love (and she loves too). She asked if she could have it, and I looked at her puzzled thinking about what a pain it would be to buy film again and I don't even know if you can still find a place that develops film. I asked her, "you know that camera needs film right?" She looks at me, and says what is "film?" I stopped right there in my tracks.....this is my soon to be 13 year old daughter.... I am flabergasted that she does not know what film is. Afterall, I had spent oodles of money on film and developing when she was young (but I guess she was too young to remember it). I remember my Grandmother telling me stories about riding on a horse and buggy, and me thinking that was ANCIENT times, but in todays era of technology, I guess to our kids a "film" camera is basically the same as riding on a horse and buggy. I am getting old!!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

So funny Allison - had a similar moment just this past week. We were at Disneyworld in a playground sponsored by Kodak. The top of one slide had a huge film container that the kids could climb out of. Julia called it a battery and we realized she's never seen a real film container.