Monday, September 26, 2011

Funny!!!

The school experience has been a little like a puzzle, which unravels a bit each day. I send my kids off in the morning hoping that they are prepared for the day, but not quite sure what might present itself. Mia came home last week, saying that she took the bus to see a play (I had absolutely no idea that this was taking place). Today, I spoke with the Exchange Student Contact Teacher at Bailey and Camden's school. He was a super nice guy, and was able to enlighten me a bit on things so far, and future things to expect. It was a fun conversation, because he had a great sense of humor. I wanted to share one of the funny things that he told me.... I already knew part of it, which was that Camden took a 40 word German pop quiz last week. On Friday, he came home with the graded results, which were far from stellar - he had gotten every single word wrong, but one. (To give him a little slack, he had no idea what the words were even going to be in order to study). Camden told me that the class applauded for him, which made him quite proud???? . Come to find out though, per my conversation today, was that it was a very challenging word, and he was the ONLY one in the class to get it right!!!! Obviously, there was no skill or studying, but instead simply pure luck. Apparently, even with 39 wrong, the teacher was impressed and had written "Gut" (good) in Deutsch! I thought that was quite funny! The year proves to be quite fun (again per my conversation today) with several special things coming up; a youth hostel trip for Camden, an Austrian Ski trip for Bailey, several "Wandertag" days for all 3 (where you walk around and enjoy special things in the city). It is proving to be a great experience!

No comments: