Chef Mia wrapped up a year of cooking class, with a family meal that she and her cooking class prepared for the Mom's and Dad's. I was so impressed because the kids did everything on their own (with direction from the teacher). They decorated the table, prepared the meal, served the parents, and cleaned up afterwards. They made napking rings, by cutting paper towel rolls, and painting them. Her Kindergarten offers great classes that can be taken while they are there (cooking, music, theatre, flute, woodworking etc..) Most of the classes are free, and some have a very reasonable fees (again, like I mentioned in an earlier post, it is not a moneymaker - for the entire year, we paid 45 euro, and that included everything -even a weekly take home container that held what they made that day to share with the family. All of the meals were completely made from scratch (not the boxed Brownie mix that I am known to make at home :-) They only made main dishes - no dessert foods. I am DEFINITELY not a cook, but I ALWAYS appreciate good food, so I am hoping Mia may take over the cooking duties at our house :-) *Notice the foods for the meal were all shaped like snails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Tell Mia that I would like her to give me some tips on decorative cooking. The pictures looked like a presentation from a cookbook or Food Network. Very impressive..... She is getting an education like no other..... Yummy luncheon. Love to all,gp
Post a Comment