Monday, December 14, 2009

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!!!!


Back in August, the daunting idea of 75 days of Student Teaching was a little overwhelming. The final portion to finishing up my MAT required a Semester of Student Teaching. Having not worked in 10 years, I have to admit, I was quite nervous and overwhelmed. To assist with the task at hand, during family night in August, I enlisted Bryan and the kids to help me create a paper chain link to tear off daily as the days dissappeared. The original 75 piece paper chain link was depressing, but as I write this, I am happy to say only one day remains -yeah!!!! In hindsight, I have really enjoyed this experience, and I have learned so much. We have all sacrificed to a degree, but looking back it has been a good experience. I have always said, the more you have to do, the more you can do, and the less you have to do, the less you can do - Once again, this is proven to be true. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!!! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Allison....... I had no doubt that you would succeed with flying colors. What a great idea with the chain. The children make those counting days to Christmas chains. It does make a difference in coping with what seems forever.

The children are off-the-wall, but I am trying very hard to be understanding. ha...... We are expected to be on task, but that is impossible. It is what it is.

Keep those Rhodes in tow and enjoy a break from it all. Take care. gp

Anonymous said...

Allison,
You can do anything and everything that your heart desires... GREAT JOB! We miss you and the other Bob's (Bailey Bob, Camden Bob, Mia Bob and the big Bob!)