As we were preparing in the kitchen this morning for a New Year's Eve Party, I was thinking aboout something quite cute...Our Upstairs neighbors recently began calling Mia, "Chef Mia." "Chef" in German actually means "Boss"- so they are basically joking that Mia rules the roost in our family. On the literal level, Mia has truly become "Chef Mia" in the English sense as well. She takes a weekly cooking class at her school, and just like everything else that surprises me here, why would you not give a 4 year old a sharp knife to learn to cut food. My mentality is "no way" - they could hurt themselves or someone else. Well, of course I am not in attendance in her cooking class, and so wouldn't you know she has become a true chef - knives and all! At home now, she shreds the carrots and potatoes for me, she cuts the peppers and celery, she cracks the eggs and even can professionally switch the yolk from one shell to another. It is adorable to watch how she really gets into it and loves it. It truly helps me out in the kitchen not having to peel, cut, or crack - it's great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mia,
I am so proud of you! I do not know one kindergartener around that can cut, peel, break an egg and switch its parts. You are amazing. If ever I nead a grand-nanny, I will call on you because you will have had so much experience. Keep learning......
Keep helping........
You look sooooo efficient and beautiful in the picture. Have a very Happy New Year!!!!
Give everyone a hug for me. Love, gp
Mia is ready to come home and help ChristiBob cook !!!! WAY TO GO MIA !!! I'll definately let you do ALL the eggs because they are NOT my favorite...
Love to you all - and have FUN and get some rest and relaxation on your cruise :)
Post a Comment