Monday, November 2, 2009

Bitte Hindsetzen!!!

This post isn't going to make much sense, nor is it going to be funny to everyone, but I wanted to remember this one day, so thought that I'd better write it down.... While Mia has become the #1 German speaking person in the family (she is officially fluent, and scares me a little because I don't know what she is saying half the time when she is speaking to her friends), I am probably next in line followed by Bailey and Camden. Last on the list is Bryan.... Bless his heart, he is trying and has actually been doing much better in trying to learn. Turning back to last year when I was teaching English at the German school, I often had to say to the children, "Bitte Hindsetzen" meaning please sit down. I'm actually not even sure if that is the proper way to say it, but I got my point across. I practiced on Mia to make sure I was saying it correctly and that she would understand. Well, it is a longer phrase and it sounds all impressive, so Bryan has adopted this phrase into his vocabulary. It is hilarious because being the comedian that he is, occassionaly we will all be playing outside with the neighbors and Bryan will break out the phrase, "Bitte Hindsetzen" all loud and serious. If he said it back home people would think he is fluent, just because it is so impressive sounding. The hilarious thing about it is that everyone thinks it is so funny because he breaks it out at the most inopportune times, and knowing how little German he actually says - it is makes us laugh every time! Bitte Hindsetzen!!!

1 comment:

CBOB said...

good old BBOB - oh, how we miss you and your sense of humor ...