 |
| This is not my photo, but wanted to show you how it looks anyway.... |
I never realized how much I love experiencing 4 Seasons until we moved to Germany. I grew up with 4 distinct seasons, and I really love each one for different reasons. Anyway, Fall is here, and it is such a cozy atmosphere. The mornings are crisp, the leaves are beginning to fall, school is back in session, the pumpkins are out, apple cider is for sale in the downtown market, and and the Erntedank festivals are just around the corner (these are the festivals that every town has to show thanks for the good Harvest - there is ALWAYS a reason to celebrate, and be thankful). We even have a bushel of fresh Potatoes in our keller (basement) that friends gave us to last the winter. (I never knew potatoes would last all winter, but when kept in a cool, dark place they sure do!) We are also ALWAYS learning new traditions... one of which is the tradition of flammenkuchen accompanied by federwein. My friend introduced us to this tradition last weekend, and as I was in the market buying more ingredients to make it ourselves, the lady in front of me was buying the same thing - so funny that we are just learning about this after 4 years. Anyway, Flammenkuchen is one of our favorites, and the federwein is quite sweet, but very good. I LOVE Autumn !!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment