I slept for almost 36 hours straight this week. Something got me down, and I could hardly stay awake - I can't ever remember feeling like that before. It is perfect timing (not really) because not only are we getting ready for our trip, but we are also running a big race tomorrow. I am feeling MUCH better now, and hopefully will feel 100% by tomorrow.
Here is my funny tidbit that I wanted to share.... Even though I wasn't feeling well, I had to bring Mia to her special German class. I think that I have mentioned before that she is the only non native German speaker in her class, so once a week I take her to a special group of other non native speakers in order to better prepare her for school in September. It is neat though because there are 5 kids in the class, and all are non native speakers, but none are English (instead they are Turkish, Yugoslavian etc) I also get to sit in on the class (I had asked the teacher if I could sit in to learn as well, so Mia and I joke that I am the big kids in the class :-)). Anyway... yesterday, the teacher had brought flash cards with pictures on them. The kids were supposed to choose a picture, and then say the German word for it, along with a German word that rhymes with it. There were lots of different flash cards: window (fenster), Mug (tasse), chair (stuhl) etc., BUT ONLY IN GERMANY would you also have a flash card in the kindergarten with a bottle of Beer (Bier) on it. Even not feeling well, I got a great chuckle out of that one. They truly consider Beer a food group here (literally, truly, I am not kidding), so naturally it could be on the kindergarten flash card. So, in case you are wondering... "bier" rhymes with "4" (pronounced in German like our english word "fear"). :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment