Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reflection

As the kids are in the other room finishing up what is to be among one of their last days of the school year, I am in the midst of the calm before the storm (maybe it is after the storm - or right in the middle - I am not sure :-)). This Spring has been pretty much nonstop busy. Not always the "fun" kind of busy, but the; paperwork, phone call, added stress kind of busy. Things have finally fallen into place. What seemed to be my never-ending "list" is now slowly diminishing...... We leave for the U.S. in 48 hours, and it has been interesting thinking about all that has changed within the three years since we have been back. Bailey had just finished 3rd grade (now she is about to enter 7th). Camden had just finished 1st grade (now he is about to enter 5th), and Mia had just turned 3 years old (and I still think of her as that little 3 year old, except now she is 6, and our German girl :-)). We are super excited, but also quite reflective over how much has changed in the last years. I laugh at myself, because I sound as if we will be coming from the remote location of a Central African Village (and it is only Germany :-)), but I still think about the little things... even something so small, like the fact that Mia will not remember ever having seen an entire Gallon of Milk (they only have small cartons here). It will be so fun (and eye opening) to see and hear what the kids think after being gone for so long. Bis Amerika.... Auf wiedersehen!!!!

No comments: