Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weaving / Webrahn







For almost 9 months Mia has been dilligently (or not so much) working on a very special project at her school. Her Webrhan (not sure about the spelling, but pronounced Vae-brawn), is a weaving project that she has finally completed - start to finish - on her own. It is a project that has taken oodles of hours to complete - luckily though, it is also one that can be put down for weeks on end and then picked back up again. The final touches were completed this week by threading the sides into a pocketbook, and making the handle. She is so excited - and we are so proud of her. I would have had no idea how to make something like this, but she has had the opportunity thanks to her teachers. Truly it is adorable, and something so well made that it looks like something that you might find at a cute little shop.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weaving is outstanding. Her fine motor skills are very advanced unless she had lots of help!!!!! I would almost want to frame it. ha ha.... Bet she wouldn't go for that, and I wouldn't blame her. No telling how much she could earn making those bags. They are very unique!!!!! I would buy one...... Love to all.

CBob said...

Mia, I am so impressed ~ you will have to show me how to do this when you visit ! It's BEAUTIFUL :)

Christian said...

We miss you Rhodes family! I can't believe how grown up the kids are! Love all the pictures and your adventures! Hugs,the Carridos