Friday, June 11, 2010

World Cup Fever




World Cup Fever is gearing up here in Deutschland! Stores are selling oodles of Merchandise, cars are flying flags, songs are on the radio, and even freebies have been given away (all in name of the the World Cup). In 2006, Germany played the proud host - IT WAS A HUGE DEAL HERE! I sound as if I am an authority on this event, but really I am just now learning the magnitude - this is the World's Largest Sporting event - who would have known! South Africa plays host this year, and almost all European eyes will be on this event (unless you live under a rock). We have an upcoming family campout with Camden's soccer club, and wouldn't you know, we will even have access to a big screen in the woods! It is VERY exciting. Germany is ranked #6 and the US is ranked 14th. Anything can happen - and it will be fun to watch! We have several friends from England, so all bets are on when the US plays England tomorrow. World Cup Fever!

No comments: