For Mia's Birthday, I wanted to get her a new bike. We bike alot - she bikes to school and around town (with us of course). The 3 childrens bike sizes that they sell are: 12 inch, 16 inch, and 20 inch. She had a 12 inch, needed a 16 inch, but I know she will be in a 20 inch by the end of the summer (The larger the tires, the easier it is to pedal and keep up). Anyway, make a long story short, the 16 inch bikes in Germany range from 100 to 250 euro (which I felt was quite expensive for a kids bike), and I knew she was going to grow out of this before the end of the summer. I remembered that in our cellar sat Camden's old red 16 inch bike with "boy" designs on it. With the help of my Mom and Dad, we "spruced" up Camden's old bike by taking the stickers off, adding a few "girl" accessories, and presenting it on her birthday. I was worried that she would be dissappointed, but she was ABSOLUTELY thrilled! It's funny how at 5 years old, Mia could care less about the newness (or lack of it), the brand, or anything else. We were riding the other day, and she said to me, "Mommy, thank you so much for my bike - I LOVE it!" Mia - your sweetness and simplicity makes me a better person - I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Crazy computer..... Wrote a response to your blog..... It is not showing up.... Just complimented Mia on being such a grateful five year old..... You all have done all the right things with parenting skills..... Now let me see if this one travels. Ha... Love, gp
Post a Comment