Thursday, April 1, 2010

Frohe Ostern!!! (Happy Easter)
















I am writing this a little early, but in Germany Easter Weekend has begun! For 4 days, no bakery is open, no grocery stores, no shops, NOTHING is open - everything is closed in celebration of Easter. Not just Easter Sunday, but; Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, and Easter Monday! I love that they truly celebrate the Religious Holidays here and hold their beliefs so strongly. In Mia's Kindergarten they had all kinds of Easter festivities including decorating hollowed eggs (the photo is of Mia "Blowing" the yolk out). We hope everyone has a wonderful Easter Weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am wondering if the entire country celebrates like Bamberg? If so, that is amazing. As you know the good old USA will not close for anything...... The almighty dollar is soooo important. Enjoy and may your Easter be blessed with memories that matter. Love to you all. gp