Friday, February 12, 2010

Stuck in a time capsule!

While living over here, Bryan and I often look at each other and think about how in many ways it is like living in a time warp! I often feel like I am 10 years old again. So many ways of life in the 70's and 80's are apparent still here. Cigarette Machines, stores closed on Sundays, tractors on the street, no crime, kids walking to school and playing outside, home baked bread and apple sauce, no crime, fresh apple cider, childrens clothing, no crime, 1 car families, hand made toys (not so much plastic), riding bikes with big baskets on the front etc. One thing that also comes to mind is the music. It is very common to hear 80's music blaring on the radio. In many ways it is comical to hear some of the music that is still "popular" on the radio. In many ways it reminds me of our parents and grandparents generation talking about "the good old days." Bryan laughed histarically when he found out that I am going to a Depeche Mode Concert (I don't even know how to spell it), but like I alsways tell the kids - "When in Germany, Do what the Germans do :-)"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you all had a "love filled" Valentine's Day. Being together and doing things with the family seems to be a philosophy of days gone by. I am so glad that you all are enjoying a culture if just for a few years, that will instill a desire to keep some things as they once were. Although Evans is a small town life is at a fast pace, and there are few families that enjoy the simple things in life. Hope you have a great week. I am sure you are well informed that we had a glorious Friday, Feb. 12. Most beautiful sight I have seen in many years. It is gone now, but I have my pictures. Take care and know you all are admired and loved. gp

Missives from a New Mom said...

Depeche Mode still performs? That's awesome! And, really, as if laughter over your musical choice can mean much when it's coming from a man who considers Chevy Chase movies the epitome of culture. ;)