Tuesday, May 26, 2009

End of the School Year/Wurzburg
















While we still have a couple weeks to go - the kids and I have decided that it feels like school should be over by now. For the last 5 years, we have always gotten out in the Middle of May, so the reality of an extra month of school is not that appealing to us! The school has saved all of the field trips for these last weeks (which has helped a little in the end of the year blues). Homework is still being sent home though, and that doesn't help our cause very much. I am ready for summer!!!! Bailey's class went to the Zoo in Nuremburg one day, then the next week they took the bus into Bamberg and spent the day, and this week they went to the underground caves in Pottenstein. Camden's class went to Nuremburg last week for a 3 museum tour (one being the toy Museum which was fun, and another being an Art Gallery where we saw the famed Albecht Durer Paintings). Today is Earth Day at their school and then they have field day and Bowling Day....Come on already they should just end the school year :-)
On Monday we took the train to Wurzburg, which is about an hour away. We had a nice leisurely day strolling around the city, doing a little shopping and touring around. We found a nice little restaurant at the Fortress which overlloks the city and vineyards which was the highlight for Bryan and I - such incredible views and a beautiful breeze on a hot day. It was the first day trip that we have taken and not brought the stroller - Mia did great (She is getting to be such a big girl)
*We got a kick out of the photo of the sign above - there are cliffs that have like a little rope acrooss where if you wern't watching the kids the sign would be the result...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
Waiting the clock out......I am going to the Y at 12:30. Returned from a two-week stay at Hilton Head yesterday. Just finished unpacking this morning. I always take way toooo much and never learn that two outfits would suffice.
I had a nice retrieve; however, it took the first week to unwind from the hectic school ending and then the second week was over just as I was beginning to relax. I could have stayed longer, but my funds are not that hefty. ha..... Now it is back to the reality of what must be done here at home. I won't let chores get in the way of having a swim everyday. I do believe in a bit of relaxation and fun for my mental and soul's sake. I always enjoy your blogs because you all are my kind of folks. I am sad to say that not everyone's agenda calls for family fun, and that is sad to me. Building fun and happy memories are so important; especially when things get tough. I know I have happy memories to fall back on inspite of our family's upset when we moved to Augusta. You all keep doing things together and making the most out of each day!!!!!! Your three children will be grown before you know it! Give them a big hug for me. Take care and know I look forward to your blogs. Love and Prayers, gp