On Saturday we went to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, which is a famous historic town in Germany that dates back as early as 500 years before Christ! We had to keep telling ourselves that this was in fact old and not just an Epcot (Disney) park. It is kept up imacculately and the shops are so quaint and welcoming. The city is especially famous for its Christmas Market, and I have definitely decided that it will be back on my list of places to go at Chrismas time. We visited St. Jakobs Church, which is said to hold 3 drops of Christ's Blood in it - truly amazing (if you look at the picture of the cross - there is a crystal in the middle and that is where the blood is said to be). Very Spiritual! The city is completely surrounded by a wall, so that back in the day no one could get in, unless they were supposed to. We even got the kids to pose with some locals (and Bryan to pose in a traditional German Hat!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I MISS MY FAMILY!!!!!
THE KIDS ARE GROWING TOO FAST -
LOVE THE HAT BRYAN BOB!!! THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT IT THAT REMINDS ME OF THE PIC OF YOU IN THE SILK ROBE IN CHINA - SAME SORT OF PICTURE, EH????
Hi all,
Put a bit of a larger brim on the hat and it was what Papa always wore! I had forgotten he got that in Bavaria back in the 50's!
I think Bryan should get one and wear it always- so his kids can have fond memories (ha ha)
I think the family pic should be your Christmas Card!
Post a Comment