In our family, I have a saying that I tell the kids occassionally when they they really want something and typically the answer would be no, but I then I say, "O.K., but just because you're cute!" It goes against EVERY parenting guide that you will ever read, but sometimes I just feel like treating them to something special. The "cuteness" of all children comes into play quite a bit, and I thought I'd share a few of our recent memories:
*We were all sitting at the dinner table the other night, and Bailey had been talking about something that she does not enjoy about Germany, and Mia comes right back at her by saying in a very loud and stern voice - "HEYYYYY, I'M GERMAN!!!!! I thought it was priceless, because she truly thinks she is German. She is the only fluent speaker in the family, she plays with German children each day, and celebrates all of the German traditions, so I guess in a way she IS German - I thought it was soo cute!
*Camden really likes books - especially "boy books." He likes all of the books that discuss scary things, bodily functions, adventure etc. For Christmas, he got a "make your own book kit (which by the way is probably one of the best gifts ever - as part of the price, you actually send it in to be published like a REAL book - truly a great gift!) He worked very hard on the book, and created a funny and sarcastic childrens book that is quite entertaining. We received the book in the mail, and asked Camden to "please come here" with a fairly stern voice in order to make him think that he was in trouble (we were then going to surprise him because we KNEW he would be thrilled!!). Camden burst in to tears thinking he was in trouble - bless his little heart! We then immediately showed him his book, and I have never in my life seen him grin from ear to ear soooo much!
*The other day, we had the bathroom window open, and I come around the corner and Mia is in her Princess outfit (like she often is) leaning out the window, talking to our German neighbor using complete Deutsch (German). It was priceless - she was talking to the 5 year old boy as if she was outside with him playing in the dirt, yet she was in her princess attire leaning out the window - so funny!
*Upstairs, at the end of the hallway, we have some letters that sit on a shelf that spell out the word Family. They have sat there since the day we moved in. I walked into the Playroom, and briefly glanced at the letters, and wouldn't you know it...Little Mia rearranged the letters to spell "Mia" - I guess she thinks that "it is all about Mia" :-)
*Bailey surprised me with "straight hair" when my brother's girlfriend was here. I didn't even recognize her, she looked so different. She was thrilled with her "new look", but now I need to learn how to use a hair straightener to repeat the act!

2 comments:
TOO CUTE is all I have to say; however, 1. Bailey looks like a teenager and a beautiful one at that. 2. Camden needs to be an author. 3. Mia is an awesome German princess.
Loved the stories. Thanks and much love, gp
Bailey looks so different with straight hair. I didn't recognize her either. Camden looks so proud. I love the cover. He's a talented illustrator. And Mia, oh my goodness. How cute is she? You have to record her speaking German and put it on the blog.
BTW, can you believe our Gotcha Day anniversary is just around the corner? They are growing up so fast.
Post a Comment