Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mia's News...


We knew it was coming... and last week it was confirmed - Mia needs glasses! A couple of years ago, I took Mia to the Opthamologist because ever since she was placed in our arms (and I'm sure for a long time before that) she has had funny characteristic for comforting herself: she has always sucked her thumb and rubbed her eyeball (yes literally her eyeball) with her fore finger. I was always afraid that she may have done damage by rubbing her eyeball, but the Opthamologist said her eyeball was fine, but her vision was not. He was leary to prescribe glasses at such a young age, and told us to wait a year. Fast forward to now - we went to a German Doctor and sure enough her vision is quite poor. Bless her heart - she is over the moon with excitement for her new glasses (lets just hope it lasts). "The girls" - Bailey, Mia and I - went last week to pick out her new glasses, and today they were ready to pick up. It is a little hard for me to realize that this is permanent (she will have to wear them always), but of course I am thrilled that her vision will improve. She is adorable in her new glasses and is equally excited about the pink glass case that she got to pick out - so sweet!!!!

6 comments:

Gina said...

She looks so cute. I too was surprised when the doctor said Gianna needed glasses. Gianna can't explain to me what she sees. Can Mia tell you how she sees with and without her glasses?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mia:

We always thought you were a very pretty young lady, but those glasses make you even better looking. Grampa has worn glasses for over forty years. After awhile, you don't even know they are there. We love you,

Grampa and Grandmommy

christi said...

Oh, Mia- You look so cute!! I LOVE your glasses. I'm so happy that they can help you see better - you might see things that you never saw before. I'm excited for you and hope you always love them as much as you do now :)

Grandmom Rhodes said...

Hey Mia,

You look very pretty in your new glasses! Granddad and I love them on you. We wear glasses also and know they help us to see everything. Love you, Grandmom and Granddad

Beth and Ryan said...

Mia's glasses are adorable! She looks so grown up. Glad to see all is well in Germany. We love catching up via blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mia,
My computer has not been well. I just saw your picture and want you to know that you look beautiful with glasses. All the girls in my class make glasses at center time out of some plastic rings and sticks and wear them. Glasses are very cool so enjoy them everyday. Love, gp