Friday, October 2, 2009

Busy - too Busy!
















The one word that I can think of right now to describe our life is: Busy! We have always stayed busy, but the difference now, is that through December, I am teaching full time. All of the things that I used to do during the day, now have to be done at night and on the weekend, and it seems like a lot more quantity, and not so much quality - which is quite frustrating! It is especially difficult being a one car family (which we will continue to do) with regard to after school activities. On the positive side, I am enjoying teaching and B,C, and M are having a good year so far. With Soccer Practice, Soccer Games, Gymnastics, Computer Club, After School Meeting etc, we definitely stayed busy this week, but the highlight for me came when Mia learned to ride a "big girl bike." I taught Bailey to ride a bike, Bryan taught Camden, and well, neither one of us can really take credit for teaching Mia. She had used the "Balance Bike" since last winter and when our neighbor gave us a small bike with pedals - she hopped right on and never looked back. The "Balance Bike" was the best purchase ever - the transition to a real bike meant no falls, no tears, no frustration - it was great! She now rides her bike to school each day and is so proud! She even knows where to stop (being that she rides in the city) - too cute! On a side note...Her Glasses are working out great - she hasn't complained one bit! Camden's Soccer Team has transitioned into the new uniform season. What this means is it is getting cold! Soccer is such a huge sport over here, and they play all year long. Where we live, that means cold Winters! The long sleeve uniforms were broken out last night and they are schon! (schon is a german word for great)!
I feel as though sometimes Bailey gets the short end of the stick on this Blog. She is such a good girl though, and I think she slides under the radar because she is so easy going. She is doing really well this school year and especially loves her teacher. She is a huge help to me, especially with Mia - her latest feat is teaching Mia how to write neatly on small lined paper. She has enjoyed getting back into gymnastics and drives us crazy with her handstands all over the house, outside, in parking lots, etc... :-) The photos are from a festival that we went to and a fun birthday party that the kids were invited to, where that got to decorate pumpkins!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You folks keep busy. Everyone will benefit from the activities. I wish there were more things to do in Augusta. Maybe I am just not aware of them. ha.....
Enjoy the weather. It is going to be a cool and warm again October here. I hope you are enjoying the classroom. You have some good support at home, and that is a plus. Love to everyone. gp