Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer is off and running...
















While I pictured lazy mornings and relaxed afternoons, summer hasn't quite given that to us yet. Mia does not finish school until the end of July and so each morning her best friends' Mom and I have to figure out the logistics of getting the girls to and from school. I also had the last remaining weeks of the English class that I taught this year, so Bailey and Camden joined me and I think both they, and the German kids enjoyed each other. Bailey and Camden are doing a make-shift version of summer school homeschooling, which takes up a lot of our morning, and it actually works out well that Mia is in school and not there to distract them. Camden has started playing on a German Soccer Team, and is really having fun with it. The Coaches are very nice and even though there is a language barrier, they have allowed him on the team. Bailey and Mia have begun Gymnastics and are loving it! I am working to finish up the school work that I have to complete my masters program, and Bryan is studying for a big Certification Test for his Work. This past weekend we went to Europa PArk, which a is huge theme park in South Western Germany (on the border of France). Each area of the park is focussed on a different European Country (a little bit like Epcot, but more rides within each country). The kids LOVED it! While Camden, Mia and I stuck to the more child friendly rides, Bryan and Bailey rode the Tallest Roller Coaster in Europe - Honestly I was shocked that Bailey wanted to, but sure enough she did it! Each Day is flying by, but hopefully some down time will come and we will get that relaxation before school starts in September!
*All of the pictures are of Europa Park with the exception of Mia getting her 4 year old shots (she was such a trooper and didn't even cry). The other picture is of Mia with her new Basket for her Bicycle that my Aunt and Uncle sent her - she is so proud and LOVES it! She is officially now just like the Germans :-) *Notice that her bike doesn't have pedals - it is the coolest idea ever!!!

No comments: