Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas is over...
















With all of the anticipation leading up to it, Christmas has now come and gone. We had a very nice quiet Christmas with no traveling and pure laziness! On Christmas eve we went to a German Catholic Church (which was very nice) and on Christmas Day we stayed in our pajamas for the entire duration! The kids have been enjoying playing with their gifts and sleeping in each day, and I am basking at the knowledge that we do not have to rush out anywhere and we still have one more week of bliss (bliss for me right now is no school, no obligations and the kids at home:-). Happy New Year to Everyone!

*The pictures are of a small rural Christmas Celebration that we were invited to. Mia is petting the Sheep and then we got to see how the sheeps wool was turned into yarn (very cool I might add) and then the kids each got to design their own bread, watch it bake and then eat it - delicious! Lastly is a picture/video of our latest addition in our house (a swing/trapeze/rings) - not something I would have been in the Market for back home, but a very fun surprise to find out that our house was already equipped for this entertainment! The kids love it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skyler says, "Hi and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year." We just read your blog and watched the video. He remembers Mia. He misses you.

We had a quiet Christmas Day as well. I visited Jay and his bunch and then later in the day I went to Lew's house. In between I visted a friend and had a couple over for left-overs from Christmas Eve. All in all it was a great Christmas.

I think the way Germany celebrates Christmas makes much more sense than the good old USA that has become too commercialized.

Skyer is going to type now. srekyelkngxdt575gg85555g868oroi5igjbjbgjbbbbbgbbmgnbjmnbkmkjnjnknkkjkjkhkkgkhkhkkkbkkgjbjtuirtjgrtugutijgjjgtjgjgjgjgjjrfjrkjkjjfudfffryyrfrr74444459frt99999992`rurufjhgbb.

Okay, that is enough. Take care and wishing you all the best in 2009. Love, gp